Thursday, December 28, 2017

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding error


For the first time, I have started to play with Arduino. I bought an Arduino Pro mini and FT232RL USB to Serial Adaptor Module to connect it to PC for programming.

So I plugged it to my Fedora PC, Started the IDE, configured everything correctly and tried to program it.

Instead of success what I got was annoying error "avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding error". After doing about an hour of investigations, I was still unable to find a clue.

Then I decided to plug the FT232RL module to an on-board USB port instead of the USB port I used in the front panel. Surprise!!! It worked!!!.

So the issue was with the USB port in the front panel.


Tl;DR:
Use on-board USB ports. Do not use front panel USB ports to program Arduino.

No comments:

Post a Comment